Friday 20 February 2009

To relieve the gloom we've had a film crew at No.7 this afternoon and my goodness me there were a lot of them! It's for a training film so we're never going to see it, but if you think of all that effort - and all those PEOPLE - going into producing it, what on earth must it take to make a TV series? And I can't even begin to think how complicated it would be to organise a big blockbuster film. They certainly wouldn't be able to fit all the vehicles down our little road, that's for sure!

But it's been fun seeing the guy with his big furry sausage, and all the walkie-talkies echoing what's going on inside. I watched the actor walk past our house about 6 times before I realised that he was being filmed! I think Ted had worked that out as he was standing on the window seat taking it all in.

I haven't been inside No.7 since they've been there but needless to say Robert has. They have apparently cleared the book cases and put in their own CDs (although I was quite pleased to hear they'd left all my 'Sleepover' books on the shelf!) They'd brought cornflakes and loaves of bread for a 'kitchen scene' but had to beg some milk from Pam and Geoff next door as Robert had just drunk ours. And I was quite pleased to hear that the woman called everyone 'Lovely!' when she was asking for it.

I have left various Schnoops bits lying around so hopefully someone will be curious and ask about that!

Oh and apparently the director sounds very like Colin Firth. I will have to get myself down there before they leave this evening.

No comments: