Wednesday 22 April 2009

Chichester Library 18th April



Saturday saw glorious sunshine - the first of the Easter holidays down Chcichester way apparently. Jaqueline Wilson and Francesca Simon could compete with that I am sure - Fiona Cummings? Not a chance!

I did panic slightly when not a child had appeared on the horizon at 1.55pm - but a few steadily trickled in and more sat with their parents looking at books so it was all cool.

Things I learnt on Saturday:

1. Things will never go to plan - your inner voice might be screaming 'Don't panic Captain Mainwaring' but you have to look as though you're doing exactly what you'd intended all along.

2. It is absolutely vital to participate 100% - the crazier you look the more children will respond. I looked COMPLETELY crazy....and then some!

3. My 'Honey Walk' is quite a sight to behold - but quite possibly not as impressive as my 'lazy Jezza swagger'!

4. Photographs of me taken at 'readings' will never be flattering - but hey! I was giving it my all!

5. Hot pink tights might make children remember you but they do NOT go down well with the old ladies of East Wittering.

6. I found out that I can think on my feet. Now that I know that I feel so much more confident about everything.

7. Every library should have a librarian as committed and supportive as Russell Allen. Chichester is very lucky.

No comments: