Tuesday 23 December 2008

At Last!


Great whooping and celebrations all round! I can finally FINALLY hold in my hand a copy of 'The Extremely Very Scrambled Up World of Little Doogs: Playing The Road Trip Game'. There have been many times when I thought this day would never come, for many different reasons.
3 years is a long LONG time to take over writing something and very unusual for me as I tend to write very quickly. It seems like a lifetime ago that Ian and I sat in 'The Spencer Arms' in Putney and discussed working together on a project based on his basic ideas for some characters. Oh the hours and hours of writing and discussing and drinking coffee and peppermint tea, wine and champagne (I DESERVED it!) And the hours and hours and HOURS I have spent writing and rewriting and then completely rewriting again. And although this is a joint project I was the only one of us who could do the writing....so hours and hours of stressing on my own...and oh the twists and turns to get here.
But we did it....and I am so very proud!
AND my family should be arriving from Yorkshire very soon so we can have a proper celebration....I think a few corks will be a-popping in Wimbledon tonight!

One very blatant plug coming up:
www.theschnoops.com

And another:
http://lifewiththeschnoops.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Jennie said...

You deserve every bubble! x