Wednesday 24 December 2008

Two important people

Two important people also need thanking for making 'Extremely Very....' look so great: Joe Baglow and Christine Lacey.

Joe is our fab illustrator and I think it was fate that he found us and became part of the Schnoops family. He is an art student; one of Ian's friends in Leigh-On-Sea had taught him and suggested that he might be just right for our project. We wanted someone whose style is loose and quirky so we sent him briefs for each character and...his illustrations came back and were absolutely bang on! And the strange thing is that we've only met him once. For twenty minutes! But everyone seems to love his work as much as we do so big cheers to you Joe!

Now I know that I've mentioned Chris in the past and I'm sure I will again because she is one of my dearest friends. But her design skills turned a flat manuscript into a lively, funny book. And, I'm still blown away by the fact that she designed some bookmarks for me one Friday and I had them in my hand the following Wednesday ...she works fast does Chris! So massive hugs to her, we couldn't have done it without you!

Oh and can I just say a big thank you too (crikey this is getting to be like an Oscar acceptance speech!) to Robert for supplying bags of reassurance,for being a sounding-board and for never telling me to 'Shut up' even though he must have wanted to. And of course for putting up with me when I was being a cow. And finally to Jennie for letting me rant on in virtual style and for being supportive and making me laugh - lots.

So a big thank you to them and a big Happy Christmas to you all!

No comments: