Wednesday 25 March 2009

Friends

Friends - where would we be without them?

I'm answering a series of questions for an interview at the moment - really different interesting ones too.
Eg : "If you could co-write a book with any author alive or dead who would it be and what genre would the book be?"
That's one to exercise the brain cells for sure.
One question asks: "What 5 things could you not live without" and my first answer without a shadow of a doubt is 'my friends'.

I have close friends whom I don't speak to as often as I should but the occasional texts let them know that I am thinking about them. I 'speak' to my more distant friends far more frequently via Facebook and goodness knows I would have sunk without them recently. But now of course the Government wants access to our profiles. They have obviously realised that my long posse ride to Dodge-City-On-Sea with my mates to sort out a rogue weasel was in fact a sophisticated terrorist plot!Yeah right - we were navigating revenue streams in canoes for goodness sake!

Today I caught up with one of my very good friends who lives very close-by but who I haven't seen since the beginning of January. Well, I SAW her at the book launch for 'The Extremely Very Scrambled Up World of Little Doogs' but I never really managed to speak to her. So today we'd planned an 'away day' together and with Robert's words ('Don't buy any more boots we've no more room!') ringing in my ear we set off.

It was just so great catching up. I didn't realise how much I'd done since I last saw her, she'd forgotten that she'd won an award AND been away since we last met....sometimes it's only chatting with a friend like that that you take stock and think 'Wow! I'm doing OK!'

So go and hang out with your friends for a while: celebrate each other's triumphs, sympathise with each other's woes. It's good for the soul.(And my bank balance - I didn't buy any boots, or shoes or even any clothes....I did have a glass of wine though. But that's OK, right?)

No comments: