Tuesday 20 January 2009

A change in routine


I've just returned from my walk with Ted and feel totally re-energised. Which is a surprise on so many levels.

The lateness of the hour = lots of school-run mums with buggies for potential entanglement + lots of dogs on the common

Total anticipated result: the need to lie down with a strong cup of coffee!

It just shows how sometimes a small change can make a massive difference.

I discovered that Ted is actually quite sensible - no rearing up and embarrassing me amongst all the 4X4s by the school gates, he just strolled on by quite calmly. And when we did a detour to avoid oncoming German Shepherds (and Pointers and Dachshunds) he responded to 'Wait' and indeed did wait until he was saddled up and we headed off in a different direction. I was so proud.

Yes we got horrendously muddy thanks to taking paths we didn't intend to take, but so what! He's had a shower (oh the luxury!), I'm going to have a shower now and all in all I've just spent a perfect hour.

Me + Ted + fresh air = total bliss!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

That's a fab picture of Ted x

Fiona said...

Thank you! I couldn't find a clear one of him on the common so I thought I'd put that one there anyway!
x