Sunday 11 January 2009

Guilty pleasures!

As I have written before I love walking Ted, it's a punctuation to my day. When I'm writing the morning walk is when I sort out my day and the evening walk is the interim between work and relaxation: I have a mental round-up of what I've written and I plan what I'm going to do the following day. At weekends I just let my head go where it will. Which is a bit of a scary thought really!

But whatever the day, I especially love my evening walks around 'the block' and I especially love them in winter because I get the chance to have a look into people's houses. The lights are on and I get a snapshot of people's lives. People are in the kitchen and I wonder what they're preparing. Quite often I see a teenager on a computer and I wonder whether he's doing his homework or whether he's on Facebook. I've seen people yelling at a large screen TV showing football and a couple in a lingering embrace. The worst is seeing someone in tears, never knowing why.

Also on Sundays it's recycling day for the following morning. And I get to compare people's rubbish, especially how many bottles they have got through compared to us!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Excuse me while I go and close the curtains! xxx