Tuesday 13 January 2009

Putting my back into it!

I've had a 'niggly' back for a long time. Nothing that a few days away from the gym wouldn't sort out. Only over the last few months it's got worse. I haven't been to the gym for a month now, which is not good at all. And since Christmas a hot water bottle has become a necessity at all times, which is so not a good look and a sure sign that geriatric dodderiness is heading my way fast! Time to do something about that - I want my dancing shoes back on!

So off to the osteopath for me only to discover that the muscles down my spine are at war - nice! Lots of manipulation and disconcerting cracking and I'm (hopefully) on the road to recovery. Only it doesn't feel like that today.

Still I've been using my enforced 'rest' wisely and have been trying to get 'The Extremely Very Scrambled Up World of Little Doogs' 'out there' with the aid of the Internet. And whilst it was Frustration Central here this afternoon with lots of rather nasty language when 90 minutes' worth of writing disappeared into the ether, I am feeling quite pleased with myself now.

OK so I did have to call on Chris (yet again) to transform a PDF into a jpeg and I have had to keep going back to alter links but I think everything works....so I am now registered on www.authorsden.com which has a readership of one million plus if everything I read is true (!) So hopefully it was worth all my hard work...and my now VERY achey back.

I am now going to lie down with my hot water bottle if you don't mind!

No comments: