Thursday 19 March 2009



I was going to write about 'dongles' today, for no other reason than it's a funny word and it made me and my friends laugh on Tuesday evening....

But then I thought 'no', I don't know what they are anyway.

Yesterday saw me going up to London to see my dentist. It was a beautiful day so we walked from Waterloo to the City alongside the Thames. And every time I do that I feel so proud to live here. It's such a beautiful city. And no matter how many times I do that walk I always feel as though I'm on holiday, seeing the view for the first time.

Yesterday there were lots and lots of tourists, exchange students mainly heading towards Tate Modern and the Globe theatre.( A lot of them had carrier bags from Hard Rock Cafe which I found a bit worrying as they seem to have them in every city all over the world, why would you want to buy a souvenir from London there?)And I wondered what they thought of the view, what they thought of the city in general. London always has the sound of glamour and excitement and I think sometimes that because I live here I don't experience it all as fully as I should. So I'm going to do that more from now on. When Em and Michael come to stay they explore places I'd never dream of going to. And I should. So I'm going to take a leaf out of their book from now on. (They photos are courtesy of Michael by the way.)

And the dentist.....well that's another (painful) story!

No comments: