Friday 5 June 2009

Key words and phrases

I check the stats for my website www.fionacummings.co.uk every day - because I'm a bit sad! I usually get a healthy number of 'hits' which is good (I don't trust google analytics any more because I think they just pluck a number out of the air.) What amuses me most of all is the key words, or more to the point, the key PHRASES that people type into search engines which lead them to my site.

Fiona Cummings + author
Fiona Cummings + children's books
Fiona Cummings + sleepover club

are quite common.

I've had

Messy Jessie + children's book

which gives me a thrill because that was one of my favourite stories which I wrote years ago.

But I also have some weird ones too:

Fiona Cummings + hairy scary
Photos of Cummings home
Big blue gym knickers
My old English Sheepdog hates other dogs

And one which we should perhaps draw a veil over:

Fiona Cummings + dogging!!!!

No comments: