Monday 8 December 2008

Christmas spirit

It's funny but this year I am swinging wildly between being as excited about Christmas as though I was a child, and being all 'bah humbug!' about it. Today I've experienced both things, which is rather unsettling.

This morning we went to choose the tree which is always the real start of Christmas. We had the whole measuring thing to make sure it was tall enough, the looking at about 5 different ones to make sure it wasn't too spindly or too bushy, the man netting it all up, the inevitable 'shall we just have another look just to make sure' and the deciding on the one we looked at to start with. This year we also had the 'tree falling on Fiona's head' and the 'Robert tripping over a trunk' shenanigans! Oh happy days!

We then went to a big out of town M&S to look for various bits, expecting it to be at least a bit buzzy but it was so quiet it was as though a disaster had befallen Merton and no-one had told us. And that made me sad too...nowhere seems as happy as it usually does at this time of year.

I am so looking forward to my family coming down from Yorkshire as it's the first time we've spent Christmas all together. But before then there's 'Extremely Very...' coming out which IS exciting, VERY exciting, but I still have that sense of panic - are we doing enough to direct traffic to www.theschnoops.com (shameless plug) because if people don't go there then it could all go horribly wrong.

What I need, I know, is a little faith, a bit of confidence. And a very large glass of champagne!

No comments: