Tuesday 9 December 2008

Retail therapy!

Robert was out for a Christmas lunch so I headed to the village to do some Christmas shopping. Unfortunately most of what I bought was for myself. But it was in the sale, so that was OK.

I was trying stuff on and came out to ask the assistant's advice, you know the kind of thing,
"Does my bum look big in this?" etc
And that's not always a wise move because they usually say,
"No of course not, but you'd look good in this and have you tried that and what about this belt with that cardigan...."
and you end up with a whole heap of stuff you don't really want to try on.

When I went back into my little changing thing I heard the woman next door asking for the dress I had on in her size. I came out again in a different dress and the same thing happened. Flattering, but odd. I didn't look fantastic in what I had on by any means....but apparently I looked happy and confident and would have a lot of fun whilst I was wearing them!

Did I buy them? You can bet your life I did!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Your title for Trevor on the Schnoops blog is inspired! x