Wednesday 17 December 2008

Friends

I don't really believe in horoscopes (or horrorscopes as Little Doogs calls them), but yet I look at mine most days. I'm a Leo which means I'm supposed to be generous, loyal and love being the centre of attention. Well I hope the first two qualities are true but I'm not sure about that last one! Leos are also supposed to be 'fixed' signs. And I suppose in so far as I don't like change then that is very true.

If you ask me what are the most important things in life I would say without a moment's hesitation: 'friends and family'. And as far as friendships go I really don't want them to change. But they do.

This year some of my friendships have become a bit looser, some have been tested to the limit but have survived - weaker or stronger? I don't know yet, but different that's for sure. But some of my older friendships have grown from strength to strength even though we don't see each other. And thanks to the magic of Facebook I've met new friends who otherwise I couldn't have hoped to have met.

So maybe I should learn to embrace change and go with the flow. What I do want is for all the friendships I have in place now to be 'fixed' for a long time

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I don't believe in Horrorscopes either, but then I'm a typical Pisces! (lame I know) x